Preventing identity fraud
Identity fraud is a problem that can affect anyone. However, simple precautions can help you protect yourself.
Follow these tips to help ensure you don’t become a victim of identity theft.
- Register to vote
- Be safe on social networking
- Report missing or stolen documents
- Shred documents containing personal information
- Check for suspicious transactions
- Prevent identity theft by checking your credit report regularly using TransUnion (formerly Callcredit)
Regularly checking your credit file will also help you spot any suspicious activity. You can access your credit report from TransUnion (formerly Callcredit) via the link below:
Statutory Credit Report – For a basic credit report and to make sure fraudulent activity is not happening in your name, you have the statutory right to access your personal credit information.